Milan Men's Fashion Week AW 2012: Burberry Prorsum

Sunday 15 January 2012




Milan Fashion Week started yesterday and it was full of excitement right from the start! I chose to start my Men's Fashion Week coverage with the Burberry show, because it was the first that I saw yesterday - they streamed it live on the brand's website! Did you manage to see the announcement with the link on my Facebook page? I posted it as soon as I found the link, about 15 minutes before the show started :)

Christopher Bailey's collection was very interesting. It revived the classic British gent, but in the same time it also brought a modern twist to this traditional style with colorful accessories and patterns. I really liked the color palette - different shades of grey, dark green and brown - mixed with splashes of mustard, vivid green, purple or red. The fabrics, such as suede and velvet, were really great for autumn and the cut of the suits and of the trench coats was very flattering. What I didn't really relate to in the designer's vision were the short inflated-looking coats and the bundle-necked sweaters. I know that there has been a lot of experimenting with different lengths recently, but in my opinion these fluffy short coats diminished the value of the suits worn underneath and changed the allure of the models making them look somewhat weird. As for the bundle-necked sweaters, the neckline seemed a bit too feminine for my taste, although I have to admit that the cat faces and owls on them did make them very interesting.

After last year's revolutionary hologram-based fashion show, the House also introduced an element of surprise in this show, that started off and ended with a virtual rain, thus giving the models a reason for wearing those beautifully crafted duck-head umbrellas on the runway. Among my favorite items I can cite the series of grey and black suits and coats in the beginning of the show, the look in the opening photo, the camel trench coat, the khaki coat with big pockets in the front or the corduroy green suit, but that would definitely be an understatement of the number of pieces that I really liked. Here are some the most interesting looks from the runway, followed by some detail shots in the end:






















































And here are some details that really caught my eye: the studded bags and gloves! I would love some, thank you haha!






What is your opinion on the collection? Do you agree with me that the short coats and bundle-necked sweaters are slightly off in comparison to the very elegant lines of the rest of the collection or are you a fan of them?


Photos: GQ

14 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

wow amazing collection

Unknown said...

mmm... Burberry. THAT SWEATER WITH THE CAT - FRIKIN AWESOME!!! I need a man in that sweater!!!

>'.'<

Jessica Jersey said...

love it! (:


www.jessicajersey.blogspot.com

Judith said...

Zitten leuke outfits tussen :)

Unknown said...

It sounds absolutely fabulous, what a great time you must be having! :)

Marissa D said...

love it,love the brand <3

Aylin at Lila Moonlight said...

Wooow, great collection indeed, wanted to be a man for a moment : ) But I can still get some of these pieces in my wish list, in S size I hope they fit me, as a woman, like those owl&cat pulover, hats, umbrella : ) The colors, velvet, tweed are great touches. I totally agree on short coats, please nooo, the rest is fantastic : ) I hope you go back to PFW and share with us amazing moments : ) And one day me hopefully : ) But first birthdays in April in city of lights : ) Have a lovely colorful week : )

http://lilamoonlight.blogspot.com/2012/01/peak-of-peacock-love.html

Marcela Gmd said...

Wow I love Burberry!!! I like your blog!!!
Take a look on my blog and if you like we can follow each other?
You like art and fashion?
Have a nice day!

Besos, desde España, Marcela

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christina said...

They adorable with their outfit. I like the style of that suit on the third photo.

Christina @ Grey Windowpane Suits

Lee Dove said...

Primarily, scarves are worn for the sake of staying warm but as the fashion has evolved over time, it has been part of the men’s fashion trends. It would be better to seek a solid color which resembles a manly characteristic.

raybanoutlet001 said...

michael kors handbags
tennessee titans jersey
lebron shoes
san antonio spurs jerseys
green bay packers jerseys
michael kors handbags wholesale
michael kors handbags
falcons jersey
ecco shoes
new york giants jerseys

Unknown said...

hollister clothing store
ralph lauren polo
ferragamo outlet
burberry outlet sale
salomon outlet
omega outlet
christian louboutin shoes
polo ralph lauren outlet
coach outlet online
oakley sunglasses sale
20170515ck

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...